15 Passenger Van Rollovers
Experienced Fifteen-Passenger-Van Accident Lawyers
Fifteen-passenger-vans are commonly used by schools, day care centers, scout troops, churches, and hotels, even though they are known to have a disproportionate tendency to rollover in single vehicle accidents. In addition, due to their high center of gravity, they become less stable as the number of passengers increases. At Abrams & Abrams, P.A., in Raleigh, North Carolina, we have extensive experience handling personal injury and wrongful death cases involving fifteen-passenger vans.
Knowledgeable Fifteen-Passenger-Van Injury Attorneys
Because of the known safety and design defects of fifteen passenger vans, the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) has issued multiple safety recommendations related to these vehicles. Yet, there are still an estimated 500,000 fifteen-passenger-vans on the road.
There are several known problems with fifteen-passenger-vans:
- Manufacturers—Dodge, Ford, Chevrolet, and GMC—use the same wheel bases in fifteen-passenger vans as on smaller models, making them back heavy and more likely to swerve out of control when making quick evasive movements.
- Fifteen-passenger vans have a high center of gravity: also known as being top heavy. Therefore, the more people that are in the van the more likely it is to rollover.
- Fifteen-passenger vans do not have to meet the same roof crush standards as other passenger vehicles.
- They do not have laminated side windows that might protect people thrown against them in an accident, rather than shatter and increase the likelihood of ejection.
- The seats in fifteen-passenger vans are not securely bolted to the frame of the vehicles.
- Insufficient crash padding, such as air bags, that could protect passengers from being injured by door pillar and other solid surfaces in the van.
These known defects are known to have caused tragic accidents including traumatic brain injuries, multiple fractures, amputations, paraplegia, and a host of other injuries requiring long-term rehabilitation.
The lawyers at Abrams & Abrams, P.A., are committed to helping individuals, families, and other law firms pursue cases related to fifteen-passenger-van injuries. We have the skill, experience, and resources necessary to help handle litigation and trials related to fifteen-passenger-van accidents and 12-passenger van accidents.
Contact Our North Carolina Fifteen-Passenger-Van Accident Lawyers
If you or a member of your family has suffered a debilitating injury as a result of a fifteen-passenger van accident, please contact Abrams & Abrams. We can be reached by phone at 919-755-9166.